Sounds a bit crazy to ask such a simple question - "How Do the Muslims Drink Water?"
But the fact is, there really is a very proper way in Islam to down a glass of H2O (water), and get big reward for doing so, beside enjoying the drink.
Speaking of drinks, all permissable drinks consumed by Muslims should be done the same way.
Let's have a look -
Here are some important things for us to remember from the 'sunnah' (way) of our prophet, peace be upon him:
* Before you drink be sure to say, "Bismillah" (In the Name of Allah)
* Sit while drinking, if at all possible
* Use your right hand to pick up the glass or bottle while drinking
* Look at the water before you put it to your mouth
* Take your drink in sips - three is best
* When you are done say, "Al Hamdulillah" (All thanks and praise to Allah)
We learn these things from our prophet, peace be upon him, and Allah inspired him to do these things to teach us, even today - how Allah wants us to drink.
What other 'sunnah' things shall we add to our pages here on www.IslamNewsroom.com ?