QURAN Has 'Versions'
QUESTION: Dear Sheikh,
Some claim: "There are different versions of Quran. How is this possible?"
Some say Uthman wrote a new one! Or he burned the earlier ones! Or he changed things around!
Others say, "It's not the same as when Muhammad, peace be upon him, first came up with it."
I just want to know, what is the truth behind all of this and what should we do about it?
Good questions - An you came to the right place for the right answers - [Read . . ]
In the name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful
Revelation – Memorization - Compiliation – Preservation
- by Yusuf Estes, www.AllahsQuran.com
Quran - means “recitation” - It is the “Recitation of Allah” from Allah to Jibril – then to Muhammad, peace be upon him – then to his companions, may Allah be pleased with them – then to the entire world.
The Quran can be in recited form out loud, or in a written form representing what was heard from the prophet, peace be upon him. Either one is considered sacred and not created.
During the life of the Prophet, peace be upon him (570-632 CE)
* The Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him, recited the Qur’an before angel Jibril (Gabriel) once every Ramadan, but he recited it twice (in the same order we have today) in the last Ramadan before his death. Jibril also taught the Prophet, peace be upon him the seven modes (qir'at) of recitation.
* Each verse was recited by the Prophet, and its location amongst other verses was ordered by the angel, Jibril.
* The verses were written down by scribes, chosen by the Prophet, on any suitable object – leaves of trees, pieces of wood, parchment or leather, flat stones, and bones of animals.. Scribes include Zaid bin Thabit, Ali Ibn Abi Talib, Mu’awiyah Ibn Abi Sufyan and Ubay Ibn Ka’ab.
* Some of the companions wrote the Quran for their own use, from what they had heard or memorized.
* Thousands of companions and their followers memorized the Quran by heart from hearing and reciting and then passing it on to the next generations. This continues up until our modern times.
During the caliphate of Abu Bakr (632-634 CE)
* Umar Ibn Al-Khattab, encouraged Abu Bakr to preserve and compile the Quran in a complete and accurate written format.
This happened after the battle of Yamamah because many memorizers of the Quran had died there.
* Abu Bakr entrusted Zaid Ibn Thabit with the task of collecting the Quran. Zaid was present during the last recitation of the Quran by the Prophet to Angel Jibril.
* Zaid, with the help of the companions who memorized and wrote verses of the Quran, accomplished the task and handed Abu Bakr the first authenticated copy of the Quran. The copy was kept in the residence of Hafsa, daughter of Umar and wife of the Prophet.
During the caliphate of Uthman (644-656 CE)
* Uthman ordered Zaid Ibn Thabit, Abdullah Ibn Al-Zubair, Saeed Ibn Al-Aas, and Abdur Rahman Ibn Harith Ibn Hisham to make perfect copies of the authenticated copy kept with Hafsa. This was due to the rapid expansion of the Islamic state and concern about differences in recitation.
* Copies were sent to various places in the Muslim world. The original copy was returned to Hafsa, and a copy was kept in Madinah.
Three Stages Of “Dots” & “Diacritical Markings” (circa: 660 – 780 CE)
* Dots were put as syntactical marks by Abu Al-Aswad Al Doaly, during the time of Mu’awiyah Ibn Abi Sufian (661-680 CE).
* The letters were marked with different dotting by Nasr Ibn Asem and Hayy ibn Ya’amor, during the time of Abdul Malik Ibn Marwan (685-705 CE).
* A complete system of diacritical marks (damma, fataha, kasra) was invented by Al-Khaleel Ibn Ahmad Al-Faraheedy (d. 786 CE).
More? Watch the video
-- by Abdur-Raheem Green
- "Dictatorships use force in order to achieve consent from the people and prevent opposition, "democracies" manufacture consent through the media by using it to providing a particular world view which conforms to the interests, by and large, of the ruling elite.
Islam: An Idea!And ReciteQuran.com/
Allah simply uses proof and lets us all make our own choices.
OUR PROOF IS THE QURAN . . .
No Muslim should accept Islam merely as an idea. Islam is based on the "word of God, revealed syllable by syllable to Muhammad fourteen hundred years ago" (p.4 c.2). It’s not just an idea, it is the ideology, it is the truth, and it is exclusive of all others.
As the Quran states in Surah Al Imran (chapter 3, verse 19:
"Indeed the religion before Allah is Islam" [ReciteQuran.com/3:19]
"Whoever wishes for a way of life other than Islam, never will it be accepted from them and in the hereafter, they will be amongst the losers". [ReciteQuran.com/3:85]
The religion has been completed and perfected, and has no need for alteration or adjustment:
"This day we have completed your religion for you and perfected our favor upon you and chosen for your way of life Islam". [Noble Quran 5:3]
The Prophet, (peace be upon him) said: "There is not one thing that shall bring you closer to the Paradise and away from the Fire without me having informed you of it, and there is not one thing that will take you away from paradise and towards the fire except that I have warned you about it."
Man's beliefs are the foundations and prime motivators for actions, for what is held to be true on the inside must manifest itself outwardly.
The first task given to Muhammad (peace be upon him) was to correct all false beliefs. The pagan Arabs did believe in Allah, as God or the Creator. Their problem was making “partners in worship” with Almighty God. The Quran tells Muhammad, (peace be upon him):
"If you ask them who sends down rain from the sky, and gives life therewith to the earth after its death? They would certainly say 'Allah!' Say: 'All the praise and thanks be to Allah!' Nay! Most of them have no sense". [ReciteQuran.com/29:63]
"Say: 'Who provides for you from the sky and from the earth? Or who owns hearing and sight? And who brings out the living from the dead and the dead from the living? And who disposes the affairs?' They will say: 'Allah.' Say: 'Will you not then be afraid of Allah's Punishment (for setting up rivals in worship with Allah)?'". [ReciteQuran.com/10:31]
Indeed the pagan Arabs used to worship Allah, pray to Him and sacrifice to Him in times of need and distress, as did the Jews and Christians, and they even claimed to love Him, but Allah rejected all of this from them and referred to them as senseless, and astray, and as disbelievers. So this is the reality concerning most of the men and jinn, that they claim to believe in Allah, and worship Allah, but what they believe about Him is incorrect, and the way they worship Him is incorrect...
"Most of them do not believe in Allah except while joining partners with Him" [ReciteQuran.com/12:106]
And its manifestations are many and the evil consequences numerous.
And its manifestations are many and the evil consequences numerous.
Whole article from Abduraheem Green: https://www.allahsquran.com/authenticity_of_the_quran.php
Main site: www.AllahsQuran.com
Listen to Child Recite Quran
Surah "YaSeen" (#36)