• A medical doctor by professional training, Dr. Zakir Naik is renowed as a dynamic international orator on Islam and Comparative Religion.
• Dr. Naik clarifies Islamic viewpoints and clears misconceptions about Islam, using the Qur'an, authentic Hadith and other religious Scriptures as a basis, in conjunction with reason, logic and scientific facts. He is 37 years old.
• Dr. Naik is popular for his critical analysis and convincing answers to challenging questions posed by audiences after his public talks. In the last 11 years (by the year 2007), Dr. Zakir Naik has delivered more than 1000 public talks in the U.S.A., Canada, U.K., Saudi Arabia, U.A.E., Kuwait, Singapore, Hongkong, Thailand, Guyana (South America),Qatar, Bahrain, South Africa, Mauritius, Australia, Malaysia and many other countries, in addition to numerous public talks in India.
• He has successfully participated in several symposia and dialogues with prominent personalities of other faiths. His public dialogue with Dr. William Campbell (of USA), on the topic, “The Qur’an and the Bible in the light of Science” held in city of Chicago, U.S.A., on April 1, 2000 was a resounding success.
• His public dialogue with Sri Sri Ravi Shankar on the topic, “The Concept of God in Hinduism and Islam in the light of Sacred Scriptures” held in city of Bangalore, India, on January 1st, 2006 was a grand success in highlighting the Oneness and Unity of God.
• Dr. Zakir Naik appears regularly on many international T.V. Channels in more than 100 countries of the world. He is regularly invited for T.V. and Radio interviews. More than a hundred of his talks, dialogues, debates and symposia are available on video cassettes, video CDs and audio cassettes.
• He has authored many books on Islam and Comparative Religion, including “The Qur’an and Modern Science – Compatible or Incompatible”, “Is the Qur’an God’s Word?”, “Women in Islam – Protected or Subjugated”, “Concept of God in Major Religions”, and “Answers to Non-Muslims Common Questions about Islam.”
• Dr. Zakir Naik is crystal clear on terrorism and terrorists - "We Muslims need to 'terrorize these terrorists' ourselves. We need to stop terrorism no matter who is doing it."
• Sheikh Ahmed Deedat, the world famous orator on Islam and Comparative Religion, who had called Dr. Zakir, "Deedat plus" in 1994, presented a plaque in May 2000 awarded to Dr. Zakir Abdul-Karim Naik for his achievement in the field of Da’wah and the study of Comparative Religion.
Engraved on the plaque are these words: "Son, what you have done in 4 years had taken me 40 years to accomplish, Alhamdullilah.”