He Left Islam
But Wants Proof of God
The questions you present contain statements that must be reviewed before offering answers. And that is normal when discussing issues of this nature. All of us presuppose others will accept what we are saying without qualifying certain aspects and points of view.
If we ask anyone the question: "Do you believe in God?" we are sure to receive a variety of answers.
The real question should be "What do you believe about God?"
Think about this: If there is a creation, there must be a Creator. And a Creator Does Not Create Itself.
So, if there is a Creator, He must be the Sustainer.
Now, if He is the sole Creator/Sustainer -- He must be ONE. God must be One.
If not, we would see great differences within the creation and competition between the gods - if there were more than one Go, Alone.
OK Now let me ask you - Do you as a deist, agree that this is a creation?
Or do you accept that nothing came out of nothing to form everything - as in, this entire universe?
This is a very clear message from Allah, in the Quran.
Something does not come out of nothing. So, there must be something in existence already which created all that we know to exist. And that "something" needs to be called upon in times of need and thanksgiving.
As Allah has said in His Book: "I only created you all to worship Me Alone"
He also says that we are all being tested by Him with regard to our wealth, families, children and social status.
You asked about logical evidence for miracles and prayers.
How would we define logic and are we really ready to use logic?
Consider this - You and I stood together on stage having a bit of fun while the young fellows played along with our little game of "telephone". It was quite obvious as to what the outcome of the whole demonstration would be. I would be impossible for ten people to hear something only once and pass it perfectly to the next person without some additions, deletions, alterations along the line. And that is what we saw and heard.
So, my question to you is, "How would you explain the more than 20 million people living today on earth, who have memorized the Quran from cover to cover, every single word without adding, deleting, altering even a dot, and all of it coming from one man, who did not even know how to read or write and most of his companions also did not read or write and therefore memorized it the same way he did - by hearing and then passing it on down the line to the next generations and they doing the same for the next generations?"
Second question related to the first one, "How could so many people memorize and correctly recite, in Arabic the Quran today, considering over 88% (more than 16,000,000) are not Arab and don't really speak very much Arabic?"
Third question, again related the two above, "How could a person who is unable to read or write in any language, come up with a style and composition of Arabic in recited form, that today forms the basis of reference for entire language?"
Fourth, you asked about proofs and miracles. So, how is it the Quran speaks in clear details concerning various topics and issues our scientists are only learned in the last century?
- Quran clearly describes what we today know is the origins of the universe
- Description of formation, development and internal workings of clouds
- Mountains going deep into the earth, like tent pegs
- Deep seas, waves and rivers
- Human embryonic development
- The cranium and cerebrum
- Think about the stars, the sun, the moon and the countless solar systems and galaxies in the universe.
Who or What created them in the first place? They continue to function and move with the utmost precision and accuracy.
Who does this? Who keeps them gliding along on their courses and orbits preordained for them?
The Quran on the Origin of the Universe
- Look closer to the heaven surrounding the earth. We call it the 'sky'. Notice the clouds? What are they?
The Quran on Clouds
- Let us now bring our gaze a bit closer to earth. Consider the mountains and their majesty. Is there anything about these massive formations that may give us a clue as to the origin of creation?
The Quran on Mountains
- What about the water covering the earth? Is there another clue hiding beneath the seas?
The Quran on Deep Seas and Internal Waves
- Water covers so much of the earth and even mixes with the land in rivers and streams. Yet is there something keeping it from mixing with itself? What is contained in this mystery of separation of waters?
The Quran on Seas and Rivers
- What about us? Are we are part of creation? How did we begin? What develops us and causes us to live and die? How are we sustained?
The Quran on Human Embryonic Development
- Think about the humans. How did we all get here? What is the nature of mankind? What causes us to act as we do? Are we ungrateful to the One who created us and sustains us? What is this clue? Think about yourself. Did you create yourself?
The Quran on the Cerebrum (forehead area of the brain in humans)
OK So how do you reply to the following questions?
- Who or What created all this?
- Who is sustaining everything?
- How do organisms reproduce themselves?
- How can a tree grow up out of a seed?
Fifth, how would it be that so many non-Muslim professors, scholars and highly educated people who have had the opportunity to learn the Arabic and sit with scholars of Islam, change their minds so drastically as to make strong statements in favor of Quran and authenticity of a number of miracles in the Quran? (some of them even accepted Islam on stage)?"
Reference (text format): http://www.IslamTomorrow.com/proofs/
Reference (videos): http://www.scienceislam.com/goodies/video.php#
- Dr. Allison Palmer - Quran & Hadith on Geology
- Dr. Keith Moore - Quran on Embryology
- Dr. Marshall Johnson - Quran on Embryology
- Dr. Gerald Goeringer - Scientific Facts and Discoveries
- Dr. TVN Persuad - Quran & Hadith on Embryology
- Professor Joseph Simpson - "Knowledge in Quran - From God"
- Professor Alfred Kroner (world famous geologist - Germany) - "Origin of Heaven & Earth"
- Professor Yoshihide Kozai - "Astronomical Facts in Quran"
- Professor Tejatat Tejasen - (Makes shahadah on stage in the middle of his presentation!)
The introductions for each of these scholars, although a bit long, provide us with excellent references for each and allow us to understand just how highly respect each is in his own particular field.
Here are a few scholars, scientists, professors and even preachers of other religions who learned, understood andaccepted Islam:
Dr. Murad Hofmann, Ph.D.
Doctor of Jurisprudence, LL.M degree Harvard, Director Information NATO, ambassador to Algeria (1987), ambassador to Morocco (1990).
Professor David R. Woelke (Canada)
Reverend David Benjamin Keldani
(former Catholic bishop)
Expert in Bible scripts & languages and author of "Muhammad in the Bible"
Now regarding your questions concerning prayers and fairy stories:
Did you stop to think about the difference between us, as humans and Allah, as God?
He has all ultimate power and there is no power in the entire universe that can rival against Almighty God and ever succeed.
He tells us he has put us here on this earth, so that we might know about Him, learn and share our knowledge with others and above all, keep our worship clean and pure for Him Alone - no partners in worship.
Does God Allah Need Worship?
Of course not. This is for us. We learn obedience, self control, punctuality, working together and most important of all, sincerity.
We need to worship - And all people worship something - even the atheists. Cars, houses, financial security, status in society, sex, gameboys, cigarettes, alcohol, drugs - all of these things people devote themselves to, and that is all forms of worship.
We say, "Worship the Creator - Not the Creation"
And it makes perfect sense.
Why? - BENEFITS & REWARDS of Prayers
First, because He said so and that is not to be taken lightly.
Second, because there is benefit for us in this life by doing so.
Third, there is reward for obeying Him and doing as He orders.
What are the benefits?
In this life, we benefit in body, mind and soul through obeying His Commandments, doing as we are instructed and working together to accomplish these goals. The body through the exercises and motions necessary for salat. The brain benefits from the increased flow of blood to the cranial lobe, the various parts of the body benefit from standing, bowing, bending, prostrating and getting up and down at least 17 times a day.The mind benefits from the relaxation while praying or listening to Quran or learning and sharing ideas and teachings with others.The soul benefits the most - as it draws closer and closer to the creator in this one, simple yet effective form of worship.
What are the rewards?
Rewards of the salat are many, but not the least of which is to enter into the Paradise immediately.
Also, becoming closer to Allah in this life, so you begin to see prayers and desires being answered, and in ways you never thought possible.But above all, the salat is not really prayer (English is very limited when it comes to describing worship, religion and concepts of faith from Arabic).The word salat, can actually be better described as a form of "connection" with God. The word comes from the same root as the word sila and that means "connect".A person is literally connecting up his or her communication system with the Creator of the entire universe. And this provides a method for the human being to see himself or herself in the positions of standing at attention, bowing to the King, prostrating to His authority, sitting silently while deeply asking from the heart for solutions to the problems surrounding us all.Why go through all of this? Why suffer? Why do bad things happen to good people, while evil people get away without any punishment?
Because God Almighty (Allah) Knows - and we don't. This sounds too simple, but read this PDF file to better understand...
1. Why do Muslims call God - Allah?
*Reference (audio): http://www.hearislam.com/pic.php?id=261
2. Who is He? He is as He says He is, in His Recitation (Quran).
Allah – there is no deity except Him, the Ever-Living, the Sustainer of [all] existence. Neither drowsiness overtakes Him nor sleep. To Him belongs whatever is in the heavens and whatever is on the earth. Who is it that can intercede with Him except by His permission? He knows what is [presently] before them and what will be after them, and they encompass not a thing of His knowledge except for what He wills. His Kursī extends over the heavens and the earth, and their preservation tires Him not. And He is the Most High, the Most Great.
*Reference Quran: Ayah #255 in Surah Baqarah (chapter 2)
3. Where is He? He is over His Arsh (throne) which is over the universe.
Indeed, your Lord is Allah, who created the heavens and earth in six days and then established Himself above the Throne. He covers the night with the day, [another night] chasing it rapidly; and [He created] the sun, the moon, and the stars, subjected by His command. Unquestionably, His is the creation and the command; blessed is Allah, Lord of the worlds.
Reference Quran: Chapter 7, ayah 54
4. How can we define Him? He says He cannot be compared to anything, anywhere or anybody. We know Him by His attributes.
*Reference Quran: Surah #112 Al Ikhlaas
5. Why only the Muslim version? He is NOT the Muslim version of God. He is the only God for the entire universe. He has dictated this to His servants (prophets) throughout history and they came with their own miracles, while Muhammad, peace be upon him, came with the biggest one - THE QURAN.
*Reference (audio): http://www.hearislam.com/index.php?action=showgal&;cat=2
6. Can Islam prove Allah exists?
*Reference (audio): http://www.hearislam.com/pic.php?id=214
7. Why is the word "HE" used for Allah, if God is not like anything including a man?
"Allah" comes from "elaha" but it brings more clarification and understanding. Allah = Has no gender (not male and not female) * "He" is used only out of respect ...
Are there more proofs of God (Allah)'s existence?
*Reference: http://www.islamtomorrow.com/god_proof.aspMany Become Muslims After They See This Video
*(2) new videos www.WhatsIslam.com
*ANSWERS ATTACKS ON ISLAM www.TubeIslam.com/video/11623
*BEST ANSWERS on www.SheikGoogle.com
Salam alaykum,Yusuf Estes
You Type - We Print
1 click only please