Question #03-06-24 11:15 PM
Answers from "Just Ask Islam" - www.JustAskIslam.com
Thank you for your question. Before we start keep in mind some important points:
1. As Muslims we cannot lie about anything, especially about our religion. Lying leads to Hell.
2. We have original recorded sources of our religion preserved and always ready for review in the original source language (Arabic).
A) The Quran - www.AllahsQuran.com
B) Teachings of Muhammad - www.ProphetOfIslam.com
3. Sometimes "questions" contain misinformation. We must qualify what it is that someone is saying against what they are implying.
4. If you find the answer to your question makes you say, "I didn't know that" or "This is good" are you ready to worship your God and your Lord without any partners?
www.WhatsIslam.com and www.GodAllah.com and www.ScienceIslam.com
This what Islam is really about. The most important subject is to worship Almighty God, without partners or 'gods' beside Almighty God.
Now let us look to the questions that they sent back to you:
Friend #1 sent the following message:
Thanks, but with due respect to Islam, I disagree with the ''idea of Islam'' on two counts:
1. It is looking for a miracle to prove that it is God's true religion. If my religion dictates to me that I have to do something, I will not remain in that religion for very long. I believe that God made man as a free moral agent, to use his/her choice as to whether they should follow God.
I am not looking for a miracle, but I believe that God is real because of what I see around me, which proves it. I also see that God has already done the miracle in loving mankind so much that He gave His only Son to live and die for mankind, to save them (us) from sin, so that anyone who believes this can have eternal life. There is no other way to heaven.
This man seems to be talking much more like a Muslim than a Christian in the first place. The strange thing is that he does not know anything about the beautiful teachings of Islam.
I don't know what he is talking about when he refers to "looking for a miracle." This is not something that we are looking for, it is something that we already believe in. We do believe in much of what he is saying and I cannot understand why he thinks that we don't already have this in Islam, unless he has never read the Quran. If you have not already done so, you might offer to let him read for himself what Allah has said in His Book on the very same subjects.
2. Your definition of religion is too shallow. True religion is not to see a miracle. It is to feed the poor, clothe the naked, heal the sick, shelter the homeless, plead the case of the widow and the orphan, and love God and your fellow man.
I don't know what you told him our definition of religion is, but he has actually captured the spirit of many of the verses of the Holy Quran in what he is saying here. This is what Islam teaches exactly.
For instance read the last part of the Quran. Clearly, it teaches us that true Islam is to feed the hungry and cloth the needy and care for the orphans as well.
They said what Islam is exactly teaching, I could not have said it better myself.
I recommend for you to tell him, he is right in much of what he is saying. Then offer to let him compare for himself what we have in the Quran. Make sure that you don't say he is totally right -- only say that he is right in much of what he is saying. There is a huge difference in the two statements.
You might like to select a verse or two that confirm what he is saying, inshallah. And then prove to him that he is already on the right path and should consider more about Islam to help others know also about the many misconceptions. After all, if he says things that are agreeing with Islam and then says that he doesn't like Islam - that is too strange. You know?
Pray for Allah to guide him and do your best. Be patient.
And visit our links on the subject of the dawah here in the West:
Friend No. two sent the following message:
Maybe you can explain why ISLAM is a source of so much violence in the name of God?This is one of the cases of what we call the "Harsh Attacks On Islam"
He is making a statement that is intended to look like a question. But in fact, it is a statement. After all, he has supposed that Islam is terrorism and war and violence, right.
Nothing could be further from the truth.
You really should study for this one by listening to a number of our tapes on the subject of "Harsh Questions."
Mistakes that are commonly made by Muslims without proper training include:
* Telling people that "Islam is Peace" - Islam is actually: Surrender; Submission; Obedience; Sincerity; Peace to Allah.
Visit our site for info on this one:
www.WhatsIslam.com and www.Islamtomorrow.com/word
* Saying that "Islam is tolerance" this is very wrong. Islam - does not tolerate - that anyone be worshipped except Allah.
Oppression and corruption are not tolerated either.
Terrorism is definitely not tolerated in Islam. Islam came up with a solution to terrorism 1,400 years ago. It is called "Jihad sabilillah". (combat for the sake of God's Way - not the human's way)
* Attacking the Bible - this is a huge mistake and not one that should be taken lightly. Read our page on the Bible at:
www.AllahsQuran.com and www.Qtafsir.com also: www.IslamTomorrow.com/quran.htm
* Trying to downplay Islam and apologize for Islam.
* Not understanding the various groups that have divided up from the mainstream Islam:
DID YOU SHARE THIS PAGE?
(do it now: FACEBOOK, Twitter, Chatrooms)
Click Only One Time
|< Prev||Next >|
Last Updated (Friday, 06 December 2013 03:30)
Copyright © 2009 ---.
All Rights Reserved.